(Preparation Time: 25 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 8-9)
8 bone-in without skin chicken breast halves (226 g each)
¼ tsp dried parsley flakes
½ tsp poultry seasoning
480 g soft bread crumbs
2 tsp hot pepper sauce
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp ground mustard
1½ tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp canola oil
240 g cornmeal
480 ml buttermilk
½ tsp paprika
2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the air fryer to 190 °C.
2. Mix the garlic powder, hot pepper sauce, salt, Dijon mustard, and buttermilk in a large bowl.
3. Place in chicken and flip to coat. Chill while covered for an hour or overnight.
4. Drain the chicken breasts and get rid of the marinade. In a shallow dish, combine the parsley, oregano, cayenne pepper, paprika, mustard, poultry seasoning, canola oil, cornmeal, and bread crumbs.
5. Place in one breast at a time and flip to coat. Arrange on a greased tray in a fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for around 20 minutes, flipping when halfway cook time until the internal temperature reaches 77 °C.
6. Place back all the chicken breasts into the air fryer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to heat through.
Saturated Fat: 2g