(Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 6 to 8 minutes | Servings: 3-4)
420 g cooked quinoa or (1 package) ready-to-serve quinoa
6 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4-in each)
2 tsp dried basil or 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
2 large eggs, beaten lightly and divided
240 g seasoned bread crumbs (divided)
60 g shredded Parmesan cheese
Warmed pasta sauce (as required)
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp olive oil
⅛ tsp pepper
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat the air fryer to 190 °C.
2. Prepare the quinoa as directed on the package. Add 1 egg, basil, seasonings, oil, Parmesan cheese, and 120 g of bread crumbs.
3. Separate into six portions. Then shape every portion around a cheese cube to form a ball, covering completely.
4. In separate shallow bowls, place the remaining 120 g of bread crumbs and the remaining egg. Dunk the balls in lightly beaten egg and then roll in the bread crumbs.
5. Transfer onto a greased tray in the fryer basket. Drizzle cooking spray on top. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes until
6. Serve along with pasta sauce if desired.
Saturated Fat: 6g