(Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 6-7)
1 medium eggplant (approximately 450 g)
240 g warmed, meatless pasta sauce
120 g grated Parmesan cheese
120 g toasted wheat germ
1 tsp Italian seasoning
¾ tsp garlic salt
2 large eggs
1. Preheat the air fryer to reach 190 °C.
2. Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine the seasonings, wheat g, erm, and cheese in a separate shallow bowl.
3. Trim the ends of the eggplant and then slice it lengthwise into half-inch slices.
4. Cut the pieces lengthwise into half-inch strips. Dunk the strips in eggs and then dip them into the cheese mixture to coat.
5. Working in batches, spread the strips on a greased tray in the fryer basket in a single layer.
6. Drizzle cooking spray on top. Air fry for 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Flip and then drizzle with cooking
spray. Continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
7. Serve right away with pasta sauce.
Saturated Fat: 2g