(Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 8-9)
¼ tsp dried thyme or 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
8 slices of warmed Canadian bacon
2 large egg whites, beaten lightly
2 medium green tomatoes
60 g fat-free mayonnaise
2 medium red tomatoes
½ tsp pepper (divided)
¼ tsp grated lime zest
60 g all-purpose flour
2 tbsp lime juice
180 g cornmeal
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat the air fryer to 190 °C.
2. Combine ¼ tsp of pepper, thyme, lime zest & juice, and mayonnaise. Place in your fridge until serving.
3. Pour the flour into a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, add egg whites.
4. Combine the remaining ¼ tsp of pepper, salt, and cornmeal in a third bowl.
5. Slice each tomato crosswise into four pieces. Coat each slice lightly with flour. Shake to remove excess.
6. Immerse in egg whites and then dip in the cornmeal mixture.
7. Working in batches, transfer the tomatoes onto a greased tray in the basket. Spray with cooking spray. Air fry for 4 to 6 minutes until golden brown.
8. Flip and drizzle cooking spray. Continue to cook for 4 to 6 minutes until golden brown.
9. Pile one slice each of red tomato, bacon, and green tomato for each serving. Serve along with the sauce.