(Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 35 minutes | Serves: 6-7)
80 g sugar and 2 tbsp. sugar, divided
1 large egg, lightly beaten, lukewarm
80 g chopped and toasted walnuts
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
80 g white whole wheat flour
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
240 g shredded carrots
1 tsp grated orange zest
60 g dried cranberries
160 g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
120 ml buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp baking soda
3 tbsp. canola oil
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat the air fryer to 180 °C. Grease and flour a round baking pan of 6 inches.
2. Whisk vanilla, orange zest, brown sugar, oil, 80 g of sugar, buttermilk, and egg in a large bowl.
3. Whisk the flour, salt, 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder separately.
4. Gradually beat the contents into the egg mixture. Then fold in dried cranberries and carrots. Transfer into the prepared pan.
5. Combine the remaining one tsp of pumpkin spice, 2 tbsp of sugar, and walnuts in a small bowl.
6. Drizzle evenly on top of the batter. Carefully put the pan into a large air fryer basket.
7. Air fry for about 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted at the center. If the top is too dark, tightly cover it with foil.
8. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack before transferring from the pan. Serve while still warm.
Saturated Fat: 1g