(Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 2-3)
240 g cornflakes (crushed as required)
Confectioners’ sugar, if desired
¼ to ½ tsp ground cinnamon
6 slices of day-old Texas toast
240 ml 2 percent milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp sugar
4 large eggs
1. Cut each slice of bread into three portions.
2. Transfer to an ungreased dish of 13×9-in. Whisk the eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, and milk in a large bowl.
Spread on bread.
3. Soak for two minutes and flip once. Coat the bread on all sides with cornflake crumbs.
4. Transfer into a greased baking pan of 15x10x1-in. Place in a freezer for around 45 minutes until firm. Transfer to a resealable freezer bag or an airtight container and then store in your freezer.
5. Using frozen French toast sticks: Preheat the air fryer to 180 °C. Arrange the sticks on a greased tray in the
basket. Air fry for 3 minutes.
6. Flip and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. If desired, drizzle with confectioners’ sugar.
Serve with syrup.
Saturated Fat: 2g