(Preparation Time: 30 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 12-13)
120 g shredded Monterey Jack cheese
120 g shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Salsa or maple syrup, if desired
1 tbsp chopped green onions
226 g bulk pork sausage
12 egg roll wrappers
1 tbsp 2 percent milk
1 tbsp butter
⅛ tsp pepper
¼ tsp salt
4 large eggs
1. Over medium heat, cook the sausage while breaking it into crumbles in a nonstick skillet for 4 to 6 minutes until the pink color disappears.
2. Add green onions and cheese. Reserve. Wipe the skillet until it’s clean.
3. Whisk the milk, eggs, pepper, and salt in a small bowl until blended. Over medium heat, melt butter in the same skillet.
4. Add the egg mixture and cook while stirring until no liquid egg remains and the eggs are thickened. Add sausage mixture and stir.
5. Preheat the air fryer to 205 °C. Set one corner of the egg roll wrapper to point towards you.
6. Pour 60 g of filling below the middle of the wrapper. (Use a damp paper towel to cover the remaining wrappers
until when ready to use.) Fold the bottom corner over the filling and then moisten the rest of the wrapper edges with water. Fold the side corners towards the middle over the filling. Tightly roll up the egg roll and seal by pressing at the tip. Repeat this process with the remaining wrappers.
7. Working in batches, spread the egg rolls on a greased tray in the fryer basket and drizzle cooking spray.
8. Air fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and sprinkle with cooking spray. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp and golden brown. You can serve it with salsa or maple syrup if you like.
Saturated Fat: 4g